Monday, October 24, 2011

Holding My Breath

Its' been 7 months since I posted last, and I feel like I've been holding my breath for that long.  Emily's surgery to remove the scarring on her left eye was sucessful, but the healing process has not gone as expected.  Dr. Zaidman removed about 70% of the scar (calcium) and had to leave the remainder as to not do further damage to her cornea.  Her "band aid" contact fell out within 3 days of the surgery, and since then we've relied on Lacri-lube, a strong ointment commonly used for dry eye, as a protectant and to aid in the healing.  We still use the ointment at bedtime, and her eye still is not healed.  Our doctor was concerned up until about 2 months ago, but at that time said that the healing had been progressing because endothealials had begun being replaced.

When is this going to get better?

When am I going to be able to breathe easier?

I feel like I'm turning blue from lack of oxygen....

No comments:

Post a Comment