Thursday, January 14, 2010

Post Op Follow Ups

In the weeks following her surgery, Emily was seen by Dr. Kane at least twice a week. She was healing nicely and her pressures seemed to be remaining at a safe level. I was holding my breath each time I would take her into the city, just waiting to hear that all is well. Because of the danger of her right eye pressure being too low, she needed to be seen frequently. I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed with Dr. Kane's commitment to his patients. Emily needed to be seen, but he was not going to be in the office for the Thanksgiving weekend. So he invited me up to his house in upstate NY so he could examine her, he even offered to give us lunch! I felt honored and privileged to know that he cared that much about Emily to invite us into his home. The day after Thanksgiving, Emily and I took the 2 hour drive up into NY. His home was tucked away up in the mountains...a far cry from the busy streets of Manhattan. It was well worth the trip to know that her pressures were ok.

What an amazing doctor, I honestly feel like part of his family now. Thank you Dr. Kane for truly caring about Emily, we love you!

1 comment: