Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Emily's First Christmas

Emily's first Christmas was nice...everyone seemed to be just going about their normal life. I tried to do the same. But it broke my heart when I realized that she might not ever be able to see the beautiful twinkling lights on our Christmas tree, or know what Santa or a Reindeer looks like. She won't even know what a fat man in a red suit looks like because she has no idea what the color red is. Pretty wrapping paper wouldn't matter, except to those who are watching her open a gift or want to take a picture for their own memory. The prospect of Emily being blind hit me really hard over the holidays. She wouldn't know how beautiful snow looks as it's falling either...




I tried to go about my holidays the only way I knew how, baking cookies, shopping, enjoying the sounds of the Christmas music as I wrapped presents. But I knew that a few short weeks later my life would be anything but familiar.

Emily: 2 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment