Saturday, April 24, 2010

Possibilities

This post is totally off topic....sort of.

It seems cliche to use the phrase "when one door closes, another one opens", but its true. In the last year I have been inspired to do something I love and fill a void in my life that has been around for many years. Writing is a passion, something you need to live for in order to be successful at. My passion has been buried underneath diapers, sippy cups and endless loads of laundry for the last 7 years. I needed to uncover it, it was suffocating and needed to breathe the light of day again.

Opportunities only knock once, and if you don't open the door you'll never know what you might have missed. For years I've had aspirations and dreams about what I wanted to do but had no idea where to start. I needed a source of inspiration. I needed guidance and feedback from someone who knew and understood where I was coming from, both from a creative perspective and personal experience. Completely out of the blue, I was approached by someone who fit those credentials and suddenly an opportunity landed in my lap. A collaboration of thoughts, ideas, creativity and experiences was the spring board I needed to get the gears turning and my fingers typing. I was back in my element, finally after so many years of feeling like something was missing...I started to feel like I had a purpose again. Sadly, there were too many logistical and personal roadblocks that prevented that project from really getting off the ground. It's really unfortunate because something great could have come from that. The book was closed before we could even write the preface...That door was not only slammed shut, but locked up tight...

My spirit was broken and my enthusiasm had diminished.

Many months have gone by and very little has been written during that time. Lately I've had that nagging voice yelling at me, telling me I need to refocus, regroup and start writing again.

Cue knock from door #2...

Today, I met someone who shares my passion and can hopefully help get me back on track. There are possibilities on the horizon and I am once again standing on the edge of my future. I am re-committing myself to pursuing this and turning those dreams of mine into a reality. This time the only thing standing in my way is myself.

This door is wide open! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment