Thursday, April 22, 2010

Reminders of How Far We've Come

The other day while cleaning out a box of old papers and junk mail, I came across a photo of Emily when she was just 2 days old. Her eyes were completely clouded over and untouched by the miracle of medicine and science. Her innocence overwhelmed me and all the painful emotions of those first few days came flooding back to me. I sat and cried for a long time.

Thinking back to how her journey and struggle began, reminded me of just how far she has come, how many hurdles she has conquered, how many tears I cried, how many times my heart ached for her.

And here we are now, 2 and 1/2 years later. She is seeing! And seeing WELL! She is doing so much more than I ever imagined she could at this age and I am just in awe of her strength and perseverance. She is my miracle. She is my inspiration. She is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment