Sunday, July 12, 2009

Finding New Connections

Within the last week I have been contacted by a few other mom's who are in similar situations as I am. Just yesterday I received a friend request on Facebook from a mom who found me through a Congenital Glaucoma group. Not only does her son have Glaucoma, but she also lives in NJ and sees the same doctors as Emily does! Her son is 2 years old and is waiting for a cornea transplant with Dr. Zaidman. Plus, after she had already found me on Facebook, she was told about an article in the paper about a little girl with eye problems. She read it and realized that it was Emmy's story! I had goosebumps reading her email as she described all the similarities between her son and Emmy, and how she came to find me. Truly amazing! I'm sure her and I will form a great friendship, we are already connected in such a powerful way.

Then last night I received an email from another mom who said she sat and read this entire blog! Her daughter also has a visual impairment and she wanted to let me know I am not alone. She gave me the address to her blog as well. I am so touched by all these new connections with other parents, this was the reason I started this blog in the first place. I had tears in my eyes as I read some of the posts...I truly wasn't alone. There are other people out there who are going through the exact same thing as I am. They are finding me and I am finding them.

Katie's blog address is:
Maddy News - http://visualimpairmentsmaddy.blogspot.com/

In reading her blog I also came across another blog about a baby struggling with a visual impairment. I started to scan through some of the posts and found out that this little girl, named Lilah also has Peter's Anomaly. I was again in tears reading some of the posts.

Her blog address is:
Lilah's Hope - http://lilahhope.blogspot.com/

Please check them out, these families are struggling in the same ways we are and they need our support too.

2 comments:

  1. We will look forward to learning more about Emily and your family! Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here! I will ALWAYS be here!!!

    Thank you for the shout out! We LOVE new friends!!!!!

    I thank the Lord for the internet!

    I will read and read abut Emily.

    Like I said...I am here for you!

    ReplyDelete