Thursday, July 30, 2009

Two More Mom's with Peter's Kids

Just this past week I was contacted by two more mom's who have a child with Peter's Anomaly. I cannot believe it, it's like so many pieces to this crazy puzzle are falling into place. Both mom's found me on facebook and then read my blog. In doing so they realized that their situations are so similar to mine and none of us are alone anymore.

One mom, Catherine, is from the UK and flys here to the United States to have her son seen by a doctor in Rochester NY. Her son Bobby is 5 months old and had KPros (synthetic corneas) implanted to allow him to see. That was last week, and while she was here she found me on facebook! I can't wait to get to know her and all about her family!

Another mom, Yvonne, is from Florida and also brings her 5 year old son Sam up to Rochester NY to see that very same doctor. He originally had donor transplants like Emily has, but they rejected quickly, so they turned to this doctor (Dr. Aquavella) and their son now has the KPros implants as well. Sam has Peters' Plus, which means he has other health and developmental issues in addition to the corneal problems.

I called and spoke with Yvonne last night for over 3 and 1/2 hours and it was wonderful to talk to another mom who has been in my shoes and can completely relate to EVERYTHING I have been through. We talked and laughed for so long and have so much in common. By the end of the conversation (which was after midnight) I felt like I had known her for years! Yvonne has a blog as well and I hope you will check it out and learn about her little boy and his struggle. Her blog address is:

http://myreallifebyyvonne.blogspot.com/

I am so excited that I'm making these connections, it's so important to me and I'm sure they feel the same way too. We know exactly where each other has been and how each other is feeling. This is going to be a rough ride, but we are here for each other now and that is a blessing!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jennifer,
    I just read your comment on Katie's blog. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if you had insisted on applying, or, if you had inquired about a waiver program. Consider looking at this post on my blog:

    http://www.therextras.com/therextras/2009/02/the-first-bite-of-government-healthcare-insurance.html

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete